How often do you speak with your Mother?

I speak with my mom (and dad) daily. I'm the one mom & dad go to whenever they need help. I do have 3 siblings that live in the same city, but since I'm the oldest everything regarding them financially is sent to me . Per my parents request.

emerald53197

Asked by emerald53197 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• every day. occasionally, more than that, if one of them is under the weather. both had severe health problems starting about 6 years ago, and since then, its become a habit to 'check in'. we moved about 4hrs away from them this summer, so its even more important to make that daily call. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• every day :) even twice a day sometimes :)
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well I live with my mom & dad so we talk daily......it will be nice when I get my own place though.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Since we live a 7 hour drive away, email and phone is the way we keep in touch most of the year. We talk on Sundays and email off and on throughout the week.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• about once a week.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It is good you are in the loop re your parents finances - you don't want anyone to take advantage of them! I talk to my mom at least once or twice a week and I have her keep me informed on any financial questions she has.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i try to talk to my mom daily, and i rarely talk to my dad cause he is mad at me and i dont think his new wife likes me too well
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• not enough there are weeks that go by and I have not called her
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• When we lived out of state, I only talked to my parents about once a week. But now that we live in the same town, I'd say I talk to my mom 6 days out of the week. She takes DD to school/AWANA 3 days a week, and we're usually in contact by phone or e-mail on most other days. It's nice...I never realized I missed my mom until we started getting in touch so much more.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I used to talk with my mom almost daily, but about a year ago, things got very uncomfortable between us, but not by my doing. I'm the peacemaker in my family, but I have no idea why she's avoiding me now. I've tried to talk with her, but she shuts me out of things. I figure the road goes both ways, and when she's ready to talk, she can come to me instead of me going to her.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010