Were you told your baby was going to be big but when you delivered your baby was not big?

What were the weights if you don't mind sharing.

Did they induce or do a c-section due to large size?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 6:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had a late ultrasound with either pregnancy.
    With my second pregnancy, I had a homebirth with a CPM. My last appointment also happened the same day I had her. By external palpatation (and no vaginal exams at all), she estimated that the baby would be 8lbs. 5oz. She was 8lbs. 6oz. and that was just after breastfeeding for the first time. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 10:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They told me at 36 weeks via ultrasound that he was 8lb 110z and since they gain around a half a pound a week he was going to be around 10lb 3oz at 39 weeks, which was when they wanted to induce . He was born at 39 weeks 1 day at 8lb 8oz..My friend was told her son was 9lb 9oz and he was 8lb 5oz. I also have a friend who was told she was haing a normal 7lb range kiddo and she was 9lb 5oz. The guesses canbe so off!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My middle child was predicted to be over 9 lbs- he was 7lbs 7 oz.

My eldest was predicted to be no more than 6lbs, and wound up being 8 1/2...

The baby was my smallest @ 7lbs even.... "Predictions" mean NOTHING. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER have considered induction or c-section because of the size of the baby.
    BTW, my eldest was birthed when I was 16, before I fully developed, and my hips/pelvis was considered 'too narrow'... I had 3 NCBs
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No, I was told the opposite. He was estimated at about 7 lbs, and was almost 9 lbs. I had a c-section, but it wasn't due to size.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• lol i had the oppisite they told me my baby was going to be 7 lbs at most and he was 9 lbs
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had both, they thought my daughter was going to be like 9 pounds and she was 7.2 then my son they thought was going to be small like 7 but he was 8.9
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 6:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My doctors did a body mass ultrasound where they measured the head, femur, torso...and estimated the weight based in those and were pretty darn close both times. DS they said 8lbs and he was 7lb 12 oz. DD they said 6.5 lbs and she was 7 even.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• A few days before my twins were born they told me they expected them to both be 7 pounds or bigger, but they were actually 5lbs. 8oz. and 5lbs. 15oz.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Late into my pregnancy, they said that I would give birth to a baby that would be close to 10 lbs. I had my son 2 weeks early by emergency c-section (not due to size, but due to medical issues with me) and he ended up being 5lbs, 15oz. I think they were very wrong. The ultrasounds are not perfect. Don't be surprised if the weight at birth is different than the estimate.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• first child: induced. Was told he would be about 7lbs. He came out 8lbs 9.8 oz.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 6:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010