What do you do with your kids all day?

I feel like we're stuck in a bit of a rut again. DS is 4.5 and basically needs to be doing somthing 24/7 or he is "bored". He isn't in any sports program right now nor an actual preschool, so I try to come up with different projects to do each day, but I'm running out of ideas to keep our days filled.

What do you and your kids do all day?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 6:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• um i guess buy some preskool workbooks at walmart i get the schoolzone brand and have study time with him during the day actually u can do arts and crafts... do playtime .....studytime..... naptime...... just liek they would do in a actuall daycare..... then he wont become bored.. being u r changing things up on him. after dinner yal could bake cookies together or whenever just let him help out. go on little trips. like to the park let him make sandwhiches to take with yal
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 6:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Scavengar Hunts, nature walks, finger painting, crafts, playdoh, coloring, playground
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Let him help cook breakfast, eat breakfast.. get dressed for the day.. print off free preschool worksheets. starfall.com has print outs.. have "class" for 1.5 hours.. take a break play for 30 mins and go back to "class" for 1.5 hours. Then lunch time, nap time.... Rest of the afternoon could be filled with outdoor adventures, coloring, building blocks. When are you starting him in school? He would like it alot, and wouldn't be bored.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't entertain my kids. My 4yo plays, watches TV, colors, does puzzles, plays with her baby brother. Sometimes we go for a walk to the store.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can do the park or the mall on bad days, practice preschool sheets, have a painting time, maybe even chores for him to do, take walks, join the YMCA, go to a pool, make playdates, get a crafts books and do one a day, check out books from the library, I'm sure there's a TON more
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 5:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My 4-year-old does a lot of independent play. After we walk her sister to the bus stop in the morning, I read a couple books and then we do about an hour of "school" (she reads to me, we work on handwriting and sometimes in workbooks). That's the only thing that's really scheduled. The rest of the day she's coloring and playing at her own pace.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• play, color, crafts, projects, cooking, baking, bike riding, teach easy age appropriate chores, watch movies, read books, go to parks
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010