Home school activities

I was wondering how I could go about finding a cheer or gymnastics program in my area (Scottsdale, Az) for my 11 year old twins. I need something that is very low cost. Any ideas? They are home schooled too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• You could get in touch with other homeschoolers. If you don't know any, check to see if there is a Yahoo homeschool group for your county and ask your librarians. They are sure to know some homeschoolers.

Pop open the phone book and call local dance studios, gymnastic studios, etc.

Call the city hall. Often times the city recreation center has gymnastics programs run over the course of the fall/winter season.

Call the local YMCA.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would check with your local recreation center. Their programs are usually pretty reasonable.

Cafemom has a nice homeschooling group called happy homeschooling. You can ask them for suggestions.
    jrock75

Answer by jrock75 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Boys and girls club? Some are very well run and have great activities. Old fashioned Yellow Pages too
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Boy & Girls clubs are the best. It helps your child grow with other children. They have field trips, camping trips and lunch programs in the summer times.
    Sunshine2103

Answer by Sunshine2103 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• check the local paper
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:18 AM on Sep. 26, 2010