I do not know what to make of this situation....

I am in a new relationship, we have been seeing each other since beginning of july and recently commited to one another. My boyfriend always talks about this woman from work, like she is a goddess or something. She is recently married ( not like that has ever stopped anyone before but...) anyways just the way he talks so highly of her kind of bothers me. Like he has a school boy crush on her. He doesnt seem to care what others think but he cares what she thinks. For instance, he doesnt want to tell her I have a child because then she will tell him to get rid of me.... whats this all about and what should i make of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i would be very upset if he wouldn't tell another women about my child. that would be grounds for breaking up. any man i date would have to accept my child and not try to hide him/her from others. it does sound like he has a crush.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Is she his boss? Does she have some kind of superiority at their work place? You may be looking too far into it. BUT, I'm sorry to say that he is a pussy for not telling her you have a child.

I had a few really great guy friends at work that i used to talk the world about, But, i did not like any of them more than friends. We were just co-workers & had fun at work together. The fact that he won't tell her about your child is strange though. Maybe she is just very opinionated& he does not feel like having to defend himself if he thinks she'll have something to say about you having a child. Very pussy-ish, but at least it's understandable.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• who the hell is she to say if u& ur child r no good, n why should her opinion matter so much to him?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You say you are in a new relationship but recently committed to each other. What do you mean by that? Is it that you both decided only to see each other from now on?

Since it's a new relationship, just take it day by day. I believe that a man and a woman can have a platonic relationship, in certain situations. Does he talk about her every day? Is he saying anything about how she's attractive, or is it more along the line of how great of a job she did in her job? Meaning, is it respectful in the way of work, or is it inappropriate for someone to say about another person of the opposite sex while in a relationship?

If it's sexual in nature, tell him how uncomfortable you are with the way he talks about her. Also, the fact that he won't tell her about you, and that he doesn't want to stick up for you to her...suspicious. If you are together, he should feel proud to talk about you to anyone.

Best wishes hon.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• this is the time to find out if he is a good match...... sounds like he is infatuated with her and weak.
    Id dump him.... you dont have much time invested and this is the time when he should be putting his best foot forward.
    If this is his best... he is lacking.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think I'd commit to a man who cares about another woman's opinion over my feelings.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have to agree with Gabby on this one. If she is a friend, sometimes people value their friend's opinions. If he doesn't want to tell her you have a child because she will tell him to leave, it may mean he just doesn't want to deal with her crap about telling him to leave because he has not intention of leaving. I don't know what to make of the friendship or their relationship, as I don't know either of them. I guess it depends on what he says about her and why you think he feels as if she is a goddess. Ask him how he feels about her and what their relationship is.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it is time to find a New Boyfriend! You & your Child deserve Much Better than this! He needs to Grow-Up; if he was comitted to you then he would Not care Who knew if you had a Child or not! Wishing you lots of luck-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• DTMFA
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think I'd be meeting him at work to take him out to lunch and meet this "goddess". And I'd be mentioning my daughter, too. Or I'd just dump his ass.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010