How do I get rid of this?

I have a large, deep blackhead on my cheek near my nose. It feels like a small pea under the skin. How do I get rid of it? (yes I've tried to squeeze it but only a tiny bit comes out, leaving the majority of it behind yet)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Hot compresses will help relax the pore and soften the sebum that has created a 'plug' in the pore. Just keep putting warm rags on the area for about 10 minutes. With the tips of your fingers, get below the sebum plug (blackhead), and gently push it up. If it doesn't pop right out, do hot compresses for 5 more minutes and then try again. If you have to do this more than three times, put a coating of honey or vegetable oil on it and cover it overnight so it doesn't dry back out and try again in the morning. Do hot compresses for 10 minutes and try to push it up again. It should definitely pop out now.

To keep it from coming right back, use a hot compress twice a day for a minute or two, keep it wiped with witch hazel and keep a dab of vegetable oil on the area. I've been doing natural skin care for almost 15 years - this trick is the easiest on your skin and it works without any risk of scarring or re-occurance.
    Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 12:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i heard of using tooth paste i never tried it and dont really care to put that on my face my hubby does it though and he says it works for him but i have heard that it doesnt work for everyone. I personally wash my face with st ives face scrub in the morning and wipe my face down with alcohol at night.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 11:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• get someone else to do it.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• ^ i must try this..i have large pores and get blackheads easily!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Be very very careful when trying to extract a blackhead. If you do not get it all you can cause a nasty infection.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 12:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• the best thing you can do is STOP black heads before they start! I use Rodan+Fields Unblemish line and it deep cleanses my pores with sulfur...I have seriously stopped getting blackheads and acne!!! It also controls oil and makes your pores smaller with regular use! It's amazing. Check it out at: http://jamieg.myrandf.com/ And if it's something you think you might want to try I also offer free samples! Contact me if you'd like any more info..thanks..Jamie
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• you can use the round end of a bobby pin and gently push on the edges of the blackhead... be sure to do it gently or you may make yourself bleed.
    MTGalways

Answer by MTGalways at 9:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• see a derm dr some times we get small cyst under the skin and the dr well ingect a antbiotc in it or give you one to take or drain it dont squeze it it might get bigger see a dr
    katldy40

Answer by katldy40 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008