Is there anything as Healthy cheap dinners?

So when i buy ground beef, i buy it in the 5lb rolls. I try by best to get all the greasiness out of it but it seems like its never ending. I'm trying to see if there is any healthy meals that are cheap? i can never seem to find any.

summerdaile

Asked by summerdaile at 6:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you can make wraps..i made them tonight...i'm sure you could use pita (which is healthier..but my dh loves the flour tortillas..plus we also use them for taco night)..i buy chicken and pepperoni from the deli, spinach, onion, mozerella or provolone cheeze, mayo or honey mustard..you can really use whatever you want to wrap in them they are yummy...and cheap
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Buy a roasting chicken on sale and cook it, remove the bones and boil those up for broth. Let the broth sit in the refrigerator overnight so you can lift off the fat. Use part of the meat in sou- along with brown rice and vegetables or potatoes and vegetables. Price the vegetables- fresh and frozen in the grocery store are similar in nutritional value- but take into consideration any waste from when you cut up fresh- stems and so forth. Canned are OK, too, and may be cheap So chicken on sale and whatever vegetables are on sale that week. The remaining chicken can be used for chicken salad, or barbecue chicken, or chili with chicken, or on pizza, or casseroles.

Answer by Bmat at 6:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Whole wheat pasta with sauce is super cheap, easy, fast and healthy...just add some garlic, onions and mushrooms and serve it with a salad. Grilled chicken breasts with steamed vegetables...easy/cheap. Do you have a local Farmer's Market? Go there to buy veggies.....MUCH MUCH cheaper than the grocery store AND they're grown locally. Brown rice and beans is cheap and very healthy. What ingredients would you like to use? I don't eat beef, but I made chili earlier today with ground chicken....super yummy!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• *i meant cheese..haha..i've been at work today and thats our spelling chz. ..lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you cook your ground beef in water, it will drain off more fat.

Yeah, you can eat healthy & cheap but you might not like it. Rice and beans w/ maybe some turkey sausage. Healthy & pretty darn cheap if you're feeding a lot of folks.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i buy the ground beef thats 96/4, its a little more expensive but hardly any fat, also i use lettuce wraps like when i make tacos, they taste just as good trust me, i grew up on tortillas.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Brown rice and beans is so cheap and very healthy. It forms a complete protein so it's as good as eating meat but without all the fat. Doctor it with onions, peppers, avocados, tomatoes, Tabasco or cheese...really sharp white cheddar and pepper jack are my favorites. And you can cook it ahead of time and stash it in the fridge or freezer. Yum!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Meatless meals are cheaper.

Peppers stuffed with lentils and rice
    grilled veggies over pasta
    beans and rice
    vegetarian Sheppard's pie with lentils instead of beef
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly; send me a message if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• please come join us at Healthy Food Happy Budget group here on CM.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010