hard wood flooring

The old style (Orig.) hardwood floors- what is the best thing to use on em??? I have heard mixed things..... Pine sol, Murpheys oil soap- I have a Swifter wet jet but is it actually safe for the wood???? Ive only ever used it on tile/linoleium.

LoveIsBeingAMom

Asked by LoveIsBeingAMom at 7:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use Murphy's Oil soap  or nothing but my steam mop.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use a damp rag...if it really needs to be cleaned I spray it with my vinegar multipurpose cleaner that has a little orange essential oil in it.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• vinegar and water mixture...
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I've heard that 1 ounce of Tough & Tender in a gallon of water is good for cleaning hard wood floors - be sure to dry the floors carefully. I don't have hard wood floors - but I use Tough & Tender for cleaning my tile floors and as an all-purpose cleaner. I love this products - its natural and very economical!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Swiffer makes a solution that is safe for hardwood floors and it works fine on real hard wood. I have found that laminate floors do better with watered-down murphy's oil soap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Don't use anything that's made for SEALED hardwood on your original floors....they aren't sealed (that would be the swiffer.)
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010