Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

can i take him to court at 6 months for neglect???

today its been 5 months since my sons father has tryed to call... can i take him to court at 6 months for neglect???

if i told him to leve me alone till he took me to court can i still get him for neglect? i need to know, he has only seen my son 4 times in the 21 months my son has been alive, he only called like every 4 months i got sic of that, i think he needs to be fully in my sons life or not at all

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (9)
  • Is he paying child support? Is he respectful to you and your child when you do see him? If he is then it's kind of un fair to say all or nothing. My BIL live all the way across the country and pays his child support and calls his daughter but he hasn't seen her in 10 years.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 7:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • if hes not paying child support or does not get alone time with him like joint custody then no and he has to be on the birth certificate but the definition of neglect in the court system is depriving the child of necceistys such as food clothes and other things im in school for crimnal justice studying to be juvenile probation officer so i know a little but it does suck because in a mother eyes that is neglect but the courts wont see it that way

    Answer by aggheff08 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • abandonment. look up your state laws on it. i think it's quite a bit longer, but that's what you're looking for, not neglect.

    Answer by Tigrlily07 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • I agree with But Mommie.

    Answer by Fallaya at 12:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • i cant find out how to post anno anyways... im the poster and he doesnt pay any child support he is souposto pay 50 a month and he has only paid 20 in the past 21 months, and he used to always tell me he paid on it when he didnt, he has bought 2 cars since then and when i say cars i mean like 2008 and 2009 year cars! the cars arnt in his names eithor

    Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • i think i am asking if its abandonment

    Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • that isn't considered neglect. that's abandoning his child. if he doesn't pay child support take him to court.

    Answer by xavierlogan09 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • Take him to court and apply for sole custody. Since he isn't making an effort he probably won't care but if you have sole custody he can't take you to court and say you aren't letting him see the baby. Just a thought.

    Answer by ajbrownies at 6:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010


    Answer by LoVe4Free at 6:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.