how can i make my son have tummy time when he hates it

he will cry as soon as i put him on his tummy time. i try puttin him on top of me and he stays there but eventually he stops tryign to raise up adn jut falls asleep any ideas?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well dont do it right after he has a bottle it may hurt his belly and of course milk makes them sleepy so wait untill hes good and awake and not sleepy or hungry and if that dosent work he may not be ready weather we like it or not its at there on pace but my daughter never really had tummy time she crawled for a month or 2 and was walking at 10 months
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my daughter was the same way at first i would get down on the floor with her and lay there sometimes its good to let them cry a little she doesnt exactly love it but she doeesnt cry as much
    pookersmommy88

Answer by pookersmommy88 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My son is 4 months as of tomorrow and it is only in the past few days that he doesn't screech his little lungs out as soon as I put him down! Bump!
    GeorgiaPeach_87

Answer by GeorgiaPeach_87 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Just keep trying, even if it is a minute or two. Make sure he doesn't have a full tummy - imagine how you feel when you have just eaten - you'd hate to lay on your tummy too :) lol But just keep trying.....he may not ever love it, but he may learn to tolerate it.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Don't worry about it. I had one boy who absolutely hated being on his tummy. He grew normally and is just fine now (he's9) so I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    joyful_mama

Answer by joyful_mama at 11:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2010