What would you do?

My husband thought we had termites so he goes and gets a bug spray to kill them
(they're mostly outside). He wants to make sure it's safe to use on the firewood and still be able to burn it. The associate tells him it's fine as long as he waits a day. So we wait a day and start a fire, but the fumes from the spray are smelling up the house. So he calls the number on the spray can and asks if it's safe and they said it hasn't been tested on firewood yet. That's sixty dollars worth of firewood that was supposed to last us atleast a couple months, down the drain. What would you do?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 7:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Kick my husband in the ass!

I guess you will have to buy more fire wood. UGH! Did I mention the kicking DH in the ass?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Um on a totally unrelated subject...where the heck do you live that you are building fires already? I cant wait to use our fireplace but it is still in the low 70s here in the day
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well... look at it this way, you were probably going to lose the wood to termites anyway. But please don't burn anything with chemicals on it in the house. Doesn't matter if you waited a day or a year. Breathing that can't be good.
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 9:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wonder if there had been a natural way to get rid of the little bugs? One thing you can do, is save the wood for outdoors. Try it in a campfire with one piece to see what happens. Then all is not lost. Sorry you have to get more wood. Oh, I'd also tell the assocate he shouldn't comment on anything he doesn't know what he's talking about!!! I'd also call the spray company and tell them to put a warning label so no one else does it. Could you imagine a child breathing it in, let alone the adults? Real bad.... Can you go back to where you got the wood from for a refund for the bugs? Next time check the wood before you buy it? Just throwing out a few suggestions. Hope one of them help...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 11:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010