Is getting your tubes tied worth it?

I want everyones opinion. Does it make gain or go crazy like synthetic hormones. I'm 25 and pregnant with our 3rd child we have a 2yr old and 5 month old girls. I was supposed to get Paragard but it hadn't come in by my app date. Would I just be better off getting my tubes tied at my next routine c-section? Is Essure the samething and does anybody have that?

jilliank1109

Asked by jilliank1109 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (-17 Credits)
  • I had my tubes cut and ties. NO hormones or anything are necessary because your ovaries are intact. You still cycle and everything. For me it was well worth it. I was ready to be don having children. I have two.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• for the convenience of birth control - yes this is worth it -

i got my tubes tied & now when the monthly comes - cramps r like just murder me now - but other than that - its all good -

so yes go 4 for it - but b sure this is what u want - just saying -

josette
    josette

Answer by josette at 7:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had my tubes tied and feel it is truly worth it. Took all the stress away (although I understand sometimes it doesn't work. I could have dealt with a third preganancy OK).

Essure is inserts placed in the fallopian tubes. They cause scarring which blocks the tubes. So, not the same thing but another way to affect the tubes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would say research it and talk with your doctor...Each woman is different...I had mine lasered, havent had any hormonal issue but I do now have bad crapping before I cycle (I never had them prior)....The doctors do consider this a major surgery for women...Have yall thought about your husband having the procedure? For him it would be an outpatient thing, he would be in and out..This is not a major surgery for them...Good luck in what ever you decide..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had Essure done because to me it is the best option. It had ZERO pregnancies in clinical trials and the ONLY sterilization technique to have such results. It also cannot self reverse without your knowledge like a tubal ligation or vasectomy. Also no change of PTLS since the blood flow isn't cut off. I LOVE it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• most ppl that i know that had theirs done are very happy with it.gl bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It depends, if you know for sure that you don't want any more kids then yes. It doesn't change anything other than you won't get pregnant. I did not have increased cramps or any other symptoms after the surgery. I had 3 kids and knew I was done. I do not regret it. It was a relief to not have to worry about getting pregnant.. I am not familiar with Essure. I guess keep getting information and you will know what is right for you :-) ......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010