When should i get pregnant?

I am getting married at the end of October 2009. My fiancee and i have one son and I would like our kids to be close together in age. I am wondering if you all think it would be a good idea for me to try to get pregnant in August of 2009 (would i still be able to fit into my dress... enjoy my wedding, etc.) or if i should wait until November. Getting pregnant in august would mean i wouldn't be pregnant over the summer (i did this once... it was awful).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hey!
    I don't want you to take this the wrong way because it is entirely up to you but I would wait at least 2 more years before you have another baby. I have a 4 yr. old, 3 yr. old, and a 13 mth. old. And from my experience IT IS VERY HARD!!! I love my kids very much but I would definately wait a little whil longer before jumping into it again. It's not always peaches with everyone. And on top of that, if you are like me, money is tight right now. All I want to say is just think long and hard about how you think things will play out. I hope this helps you out. May God Bless you!
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It depends on what your plans are. Are you planning on going on a honeymoon? If so, are you going somewhere warm? You might need to get vaccinations depending on where you go (Hep A and B, etc). Plus if you're going all inclusive, I would suggest waiting until November since you won't be able to enjoy all it has to offer.
    Did you have morning sickness with your last pregnancy? You wouldn't want to be horribly ill on your wedding day!
    If none of these things apply to you - then I would do it in August :)
    Good luck!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 11:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My son was 18 months when my husband and I got married. Didn't restart the next pack of pills the day or two before my wedding. Our daughter was a honeymoon conception! I would definitely wait until after you're married - even a day or two. Not for moral reasons, but just practical.. Keep in mind weight gain isn't the only side effect of pregnancy. You don't want to risk being sick on your wedding. You should make sure you can drink, enjoy your toast to your new life, honeymoon - etc. All pregnancies are different and there is no guarantee you don't be losing your lunch every five minutes if you're in your first trimester.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I know, I know. Everything you gals are saying makes so much sense. My son is a year old (he'd be about 2 1/2 - 3 by the time baby number 2 comes). Even writing the question I felt like getting preggers in Aug was a terrible idea... I just really want a baby sooner rather than later.
    Anonymous

• I had 2 summer babies; and purposely planned mine in August so that I would not have to go through it again. I don't know if I would chance the whole dress thing though, I would get pregnant on the honeymoon instead :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I got pregnant in the end of April and my baby was born in January. I loved my pregnancy(season wise) :)
    mskool

Answer by mskool at 10:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008