Baby wearing is wearing me down... Help!

DD is about 15lbs now. We've done outward facing in the Moby because she LOVES it. She "helps" with house work this way and I can get stuff done.

I have an Ergo. She will sleep in it, but I can't wear her awake in it because she loses it. Inward facing is NOT fun for her or anyone when she is awake. We have tried the hip but she isn't a fan.

She's getting too heavy for me. I'm having a hard time up and down the steps. I've got 35 minutes at best and then I'm pooped.

Is there a better carrier or carry position that I can use?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 7:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wear her on your back...she might like that and you can support her better.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Wrap 'n Wear

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She's not yet 4 months but has good head control. Do you think she's "old enough" for back wearing? And are there instructions for this tie online? Can I do this tie without DH's help?
    ecodani

Comment by ecodani (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Wish I could offer you some advice. Is there a particular reason you are set on "wearing"? I chose not to and love the fact that my children (ages 3, 4, & 9) are all very independent little people. I kept my oldest in a basinet with wheels during the day while she was very small and simply wheeled her from room to room with me while I was cleaning. My other 2 children used bouncers, saucer seat toys, and simply played on the floor on a blanket. This gave them time to learn to roll from front to back and back to front. They learned that they weren't going to be picked up the minute they cried. I am not knocking your decision, to each their own. I simply wanted to share my experience.
    JuJuBug100207

Answer by JuJuBug100207 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• you can get a front carrier that does forward facing, I have one by chicco that is about 30 bucks and dd loves it. She's about 14 pounds at 8 months and I rarely get worn out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• lol i remember i would do that with my first son lol carry him around everywhere my son said it lookes like a monkey with baby monkey lol i would put him on my backbut more towards the olders ages at about 6 months before i always had him o the sling in front of me it was very confy for me never had a problem with it my son loved it with my second son well his not a fan of being carried anywhere he preffers to be laying on something so i vefore i would always have hi on his basinet all over the house but now that he is 6 months i just put the bbaby matt and puthim there while im doing the stuff aorudn the house
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes, you can even put a newborn on your back. And there are MANY videos and instructions online. You can do it alone too. LOL YaY!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She prefers being carried everywhere. Our house has the worst lay out EVER and I can't see her from one room to the other. Wearing her everywhere has been a really positive experience until she got so heavy.
    ecodani

Comment by ecodani (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Research shows that babies that are worn are more independent and mobile than most babies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010