my 3 month son is scheduled to have surgery to remove his extra digits this monday coming up. should i tell his deadbeat dad? ive mentioned it to him on a regular basis. but we havent spoken in about a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You already mentioned it so no I would not go out of my way to mention it. You are not obligated if he doesn't help or try to even see him. If he called I would tell him. A week is a long time he should call and check on his freakin kid!!! He should be seeing him and helping support him.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You are the one who is going to need support - will telling him help you?! Think of yourself - and surround yourself with people who are going to help you and your son.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• one week is not a long time to not speak with an ex. you and your son and your ex are clearly having a very hard time right now. this is a stressful time...new baby, and new baby getting surgery on a couple that is together...let alone a couple going through things. don't make a choice now that you could possibly regret in the future.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i would because he will be in the hospital and i think that you are obligated to inform him of it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't ... if he doesn't want to help care for the child then he really shouldn't feel the need to look like super dad to complete strangers... GL though!
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would remind him one more time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010