Just emotional?

i noticed when i was preg. with my first child my husband started going out with his buddys more and i stayed at home. When she was born he never wanted to leave he wanted to be right by her and me. I am now preg with my second child iv felt tensions rising and a little distance. Does anyone elses husband do this?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• no i'm sorry.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my husband avoided me like the plague and treated me mean when i was pregnant with our first kid. with number two he was a little better, and by number three he was being supportive. idk why..... he said he just needed to prepare himself for the added responsibility and i guess i believe him since he was good to us once the baby was born (like your husband was).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Heck my x moved out every time I started showing and came back the day we brought the child home from the hospital. That went on 3 times before I said, that's enough of that! Who knows why guys act up during pregnancies? Maybe they are just nervous. Maybe they don't know what to do for us so they stay gone. Maybe they are afraid we'll go hormonal on them. Maybe they think we spend all that time "nesting" . LOL He'll probably be fine once the baby is here.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe it's the tension and nervousness surrounding the idea of having a child? I would think after the first one, and maybe him thinking his life is over (you know, after having a child, everything changes), that maybe the second one might be easier? That, or maybe you're hormonal and it stresses him out but you don't notice it? I don't always notice it when I'm emotional and maybe a little touchier than normal.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Not mine, but it sounds like you should talk to him a bit. Men feel the pressure to provide for their families. It is hard for them to express it. My husband and I have been married for 26 years and he just told me it is a huge amount of pressure on him to make the money and provide the support for us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No and I am very sorry to hear that
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No...my husband treated me like a princess whenever I was pregnant...couldn't imagine my dh acting differently towards me while pregnant with our child...sorry to hear this is happening in your marriage...hope things change soon...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my husband was , but it was out of fear
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010