Breech

So I went to the dr today and baby is breech and since things are so progressed I have to have him turned immediately!! Anybody have this done?? I am a little horrified at the thought but i refuse to have a c-section.

renee50

Asked by renee50 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 3 (-17 Credits)
  • how many weeks are you..If baby doesn't turn you may have to have one unless you really want to attempt it breeeched. My middle turned at 39 weeks just before labor. I am really against csection but I may have considered it if they were breeched. I hope baby turns for you!!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am 36 wks-38 dr's say inbetween due to babys measurements and some other factors. But I am completely thinned out but since he's breech I wont dilate anymore than I am so he wants to turn him otherwise when I do go into labor which he thnks could be sooner than later he wants to make sure its a vag birth cuz I refuse to have a csection!
    renee50

Comment by renee50 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I know a couple women who had success turning a baby using temperatures. Sit in a hot bath and put a bag of frozen veggies on the top of your tummy. Generally the baby will turn away from the cold.

There is a site called spinning babies. There are tons of ways to get a baby to turn-- chiropractic care, massage, yoga, thermal therapy, exercise... don't give up! You baby can turn in labor. You don't have to have a c-section.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• lol.... just a thought about your choice of words when you say you "refuse to have a c-section". you never know what is going to happen and what you might need. i was the same way with my first baby, but things went downhill for me and i had to get an emergency c-section. i know certainly we would be dead without that. but i agree with you that a breech position is not a good reason to get a c-section. i haven't had that procedure done, but i have seen them do it on tv. from what the mother said, it was uncomfortable, but it got the job done and the dr. said it is usually successful. gl and don't be scared
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Your body will labor naturally, and breech will NOT present a problem with a MW or physician who is experienced in this area... I would be seeking another physician immediately. You have been misinformed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• thanks ladies unless it is the last choice for me to csection thats the only way I will for safety of myself and child but otherwise we are trying all other options!! I have been trying massages and the cold n hot thing as well but indeed no luck.. So I guess well just wait it out and see how things go and hope for the best!!
    renee50

Comment by renee50 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• and my dr is a fantastic dr been with him for years and he has delivered millions of babies but I have a terrible past with uterine problems and other ongoing things so he is worried and baby has to be turned because of the risk it could cause if he's not turned.. I have not been misinformed my dear thanks for your opinion tho!!
    renee50

Comment by renee50 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• you could see a chiropractor daily and see if it helps. sometimes the adjustments will help make more room for your baby to turn. did you google how to turn a baby? i would try anything and everything that i could.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You might not have a choose if your baby is breech. I had a c-section and its not bad. My water broke and I found out he was breech. I'm having another one done.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Having a breech is not a reason for a c-section. Having a doctor or midwife untrained in the delivery of breech will cause them to recommend a c-section.
    Visiting a chiropractor who is trained in the Webster technique is very successful for many women. EVC has a lot of risks. I would try everything else, including labor, before that. Babies can turn any time, even in labor.
    squish

Answer by squish at 11:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010