too much?

im 7 1/2 months pregnant iv already gained 45 lbs how much did u gain and is that normal i weight 105 before i got preg. now 150 is this normal?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that's not too much imo. i gained 40 in my first pregnancy by 7 months (which is as long as i carried her, that's how i remember so well). And it wasn't difficult to lose the weight afterward.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 8:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• underweight women can gain more weight healthfully. Your health care provider will let you know if your weight gain is a concern.

You also might gain a lot on the front end and not gain another pound going forward. Don't put a lot of stock in the scale.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Since you were so small starting out I wouldn't worry about it. I gained 25 pounds, but I was overweight to start out and lost weight in the beginning. Just make sure that you are eating right and keep up with some kind of moderate activity 3-4 times a week.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i gained 50 lbs. with each of my boys and 35 with my girl. everyone is different.... i think the only people they are strict with about the weight gain guidelines is people who start off obese or morbidly obese
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That sounds like a healthy weight being you were so small to begin with.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I weighed 116 when I got pregnant with my first and delivered at 176 .. & it took FOREVER TO LOSE in my case tho.. but being active during pregnancy helps get your weight down after the baby's born!! Also if you breastfeed that helps the most lose weight because the uterus contracts back to normal size faster in which your body will get back to normal quicker as well!! Good luck and dont worry bout the weight gain unless your dr is.. just enjoy the pregnancy and take it easy!!
    renee50

Answer by renee50 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• with my first I gained 52 pounds, 2nd I gained 40 pounds and 3rd I gained 35 pounds
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 8:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• u gained alot w/ all mine most weight gain was i think 80 lbs!!!
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• wow that is quite a lot. i wasnt gaining any weight the first 5 months of my pregnancy. and now i'm 9 months (38 weeks) and i've gained a whole 40lbs. note that's between week 20 and 38 :O which is kind of crazy to me :P but my doctor said that's completely normal for a first time pregnancy so it is probably normal for you :)
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• normal for your size i think
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010