do you always recycle?

ooksanab25

Asked by ooksanab25 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nope. It's not an option here. I wish it was, I would be the first on board, but our "town hall" said it would cost to much to offer and it's not even on the list of things to do for another 10 years...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Absolutely! We take ours to a local recycling center every weekend.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yes, we are lucky enough to have curb-side single stream recycling. sabrina.... that is so strange that they would say that because our city says that the revenue produced from the recycling pays for most of the garbage collection and before the economy turned around it even made some extra cash for the parks and rec. department to use for improvements. i guess they were talking about the initial money needed for the cans or something?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think the thing here is the distance... We don't have ANY local recycling centers or companies... The one that takes care of the city (Pittsburgh) isn't even local... Plus, it simply didn't have any backing from the people who live here. We've brought it up a few times at council meetings and besides the TWO of us who go to ask about it, no one else is even willing to say they want it. In fact I even found a company that would PAY the residents to recycle... And I was told if I wished to contact them for my own home that was fine but the idea wasn't something the city was even willing to look in to.

I think what it comes down to is the people in charge don't want to and really couldn't care less about the rest of us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yep. We recycle everything. We have single stream curbside pickup. My town is talking about composting also.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes, we always recycle.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Not as much as I should, they dont make it easy where we live though. We do return all our cans and bottles and re use what we can, but food cans and newspaper end up in the garbage most of the time.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes. We have a city collection every garbage day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Always we burn our trash and if it doesn't burn it gets recycled and we take ours in about once a month we have huge garbage bins to put our stuff in although newspaper and magazines burn we recycle them also
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We recycle as much as possible. We also have curbside here.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010