Would you say the easy access to student loans is a good or a bad thing?

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 8:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think that it's a real shame that schools don't try to educate kids better on other options for paying for school besides student loans. When I went to college I worked full time and went to school full time and paid cash as I went. I had some scholarships at the beginning that helped a lot. I have some friends who are teachers and they are talking about how they have to pay $350 per credit hour for their Masters. There is very little to no compensation for getting their Masters and they have over $100,000 in student loans for a job making $35k a year, that is just a shame. Parents and counselors should encourage other avenues for paying for college, including going to community college for the first two years at a fraction of the price.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would say they are a good thing, without my loans I would not have been able to make career choices what so ever. Shit, I am struggling just to get to school on a daily basis but I am making it happen. The government will garnish wages for those who choose not to pay, so they get their money whether you want to or not
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think they are a good thing because mine are helping me get the education to help my struggling company out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010