What happened in the dinner!! Read my other questions to understand what i'm talking

well i can't almost sleep!
me and my family came to his house. My mom and his mom they stayed in the kitchen talking alot( i think they could be very good friends). the dinner was wonderfull! after dinner he brought a paper and a pink little box, the paper was with a poem:
"One day i saw a girl in the park
she was wondering what life is about
when i saw her for the first fell in love
she melted my heart and made me more strong
this girl have one child and other coming
right now i want to be part of her family or at least trying
i know i might be to young to be a dad
but i will try to do my best
i'm ready to raise your child with you
but i need you to let me too"
And than he gave me a ring. i didn't had words. i'm confuse, my mom and his mom cried! i can't believe he wants to MARRY WITH ME. i think i'm to young right! he makes me feel special. what do you think? I NEVER MEET SOMEONE SO NICE AND HELPFULL LIKE HIM! i

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 8:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Was it a marriage proposal? I don't know any parent that would ok a marriage between 2 16 yr old when the girl has a child already and is pregnant. Way too much drama.You're just kids! My instinct tells me that this won't end well.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• dancingI say you are probably too young to marry ( I think I read your prior post and you were 16, please correct me if I am wrong).  I think he is worth keeping around.  Good luck with that one.

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sounds like a great guy, but I would take my time and be cautious.... good luck!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Take it slow and get to know him better
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Another " WOW " to you today! i am actually Lost for words right now- If you two were older, i would say start planning a Wedding but........ 16 is just Too Young- i was 18 when i married my first husband & 19 when i had my daughter- i left him when she was 3 weeks old; mostly b/c we were just Too Young! On the Bright Side of this- He sounds like a guy that only comes around Once in a Lifetime........ So, if it is meant to be, oneday- when the time is right you will have a Absolutly Wonderful Husband & Daddy for your Children! I am happy that you had a very special Family Night:) Take Care-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• This is too weird..I can't imagine any sane adults being happy about two 16 year old children getting married, unless its a different culture that thinks 16 year old are capable of making wise choices...from your post, wise choices have not been made..
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My stepdad didn't like it! My mom things that i should married because i already have a child and other coming so she thinks i should get married and have my ow family! His parents of course didn't like to know that his sons want to married with a girl that is pregnant and have other child but nowaday there is nothing they can do!
    His mom and dad had him young to, so they know how hard is to be a young parent... And i think he is very very mature for his age! MY mom told me she was happy for me but she is sad because i'm only 16 and i don't live my life as a normal 16 years old girl! but like i was saying two years ago he almost died in an accident he stayed in Coma for few months.. so maybe there is some reason why they accepted what he want to do.
    Sofiah

Comment by Sofiah (original poster) at 7:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would be suspicious of this guy. Too often, when guys come on this strong it's because they want to get you away from your family so they can begin to physically abuse you, or because they're pedophiles and they want access to your children.
    What's wrong with dating and waiting a while before making such a huge life decision?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Fistandantalus
    there is nothing wrong.. maybe he this is his way to show how much he loves me..
    i don't think he is any of this things you told , he have a younger brother so he used to babysitte his brother... and his parents were young parents to... i think he just want to help. but i don't know if i'm ready to married.
    Sofiah

Comment by Sofiah (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010