I know I'm screwed, but I'm wondering if I'm not crazy.

My car has been parked at home for 24 hours. I washed it after work yesterday and drove straight home. I did not hit anything. So this evening I run around the corner to pick up dinner and when I come out of the store there is a car parked behind me pratically touching my car, in my parking space, way over the line and parked sideways. There was a 6 inch deep gash on my bumper.I didn't have my phone on me so I wrote down the info on the car. 4 guys come out, I politley ask them if they know what happened. The were noticibly intoxicated. They were immediatly defensive, rude, saying they would be more worried about their car if they hit me(I was parked moron). They continued yelling at me. I told them they didn't need to be rude I was just asking. I got nervous so I left. I did report them. continued

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Grrrrrr. I hope they get arrested. You were so lucky. Those jokers sounded crazy!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They made comments like, hurry up I'm getting sober, go get more vodka...etc. No one would admit to driving. I didn't actually see it. But it wasn't there when I washed my car last night and it wasn't there. It's a new car, and I'm protective of it and very aware of what is and isn't there. I haven't driven all day, and I got something out of my trunk today and it wasn't there. My mind says they did it. I guess I just hope I'm right. I did call the cops, because if they were drunk they shouldn't be on the road.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sorry your car got bumped. It's good you called the cops on them because drunk drivign is a serious crime.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You need to call the cops. If they find a scratch on theirs, they can call and try to report you. It's better if you call first. Besides, you might need it for insurance purposes if you want to get the scratch professionally repaired.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You did the right thing. They will be able to tell for sure. They should have some damage, or at the least scuffing on their vehicle. You had no other choice. If they would have been sober and cooperated you wouldn't have had to approach it this way. It will soon pass and you will have your bumper fixed. Keep your humor and don't worry about it. It was their choice. I have to admit the comment about "hurry up I'm getting sober" made me laugh. Atleast no one was hurt. Hugs !!!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I hope they got arrested. They were jerks and they were drinking and driving.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010