Isn't it funny?

This is a vent, but also I want to know how you feel or your experience! Have you ever answered a question, and the person who asked simply gave you a thumbs down for not agreeing! I answered a post tonight on "healthy/unhealthy food). I gave an honest and educated answer, noone argued me because I wasnt erong, but somehow I get a thumb down...HA! I really think that it is sad when someone cant just say that I/you were right, they didnt think of that! The post was in Gen. parenting if you want to find it! I guess I just ge frustrated when people judge others, but cnat handle an answer! How about you, any experiences like that lately?

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• some people just want to hear that they are right. I hate it when people ask questions and are met with snotty comments... that happens to me alot. we need to keep in our hearts that the reason for this forum is to help eachother and maybe the knee jerk defensiveness will stop
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 8:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• How do you know who gave you a thumbs down?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• don't you just love that when you vote down an anon they lose points? ;)

btw- don't get your panties in a twist, I actually laugh when I get voted down- just means I have an active "fan club". lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ok... well, I spoke without reading your reply to B's question... On the record now, I think you're nuts.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• "my children eat mashed potatoes! I mash them myslef, and that is good for them! Also corn, so now aparently corn is no longer a veggie! Did you knwo that homemade mac and cheese is awesome for you? There is grain, natural cheese (probiotics), and healthy starches in it! Also, when starting kids out on meats, they recommend that you feed them thin sliced lunch meat. Lunch meat is meat sliced at the deli! So you think that fresh sliced ham, chilcken and turkey is bad? This is sad! People are simply recommending easy items to feed them if you are on the run, but most of that is oaky if it is fresh and homemade! I get my meal ideas from my pediatrician! Think before you judge! And BTW some kids WONT eat veggies, that is why they "hide" them! It is a good thing for those kids! Gosh, the sin in judgement and foolishness is sad! "

Well, hon... when you say things like this, you get what you have coming.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Hahahah....your "facts" are misguided at best. Lunch meat is full of preservatives and nitrates. It is nothing like fresh meat. Nuggets are processed as well. Mac and cheese can be made better, but, I was referring to the kind from the box...the exact same kind every other person on here is talking about.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• how am i not handling things? This is an honest question! How could one not be frustrated when people have no tact, or common courtesy? I think that you may just be miss cant handle me not agreeing!
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Bummer. 

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes me too. My first night on, I answered a question of how old are you and how many kids do you have. There was zero opinion. It was a fact based question, and I was voted down. I think some people use the thumbs down button differently than what its for. I also hate when I answer a question really well and I'm proud of my answer, and the question gets deleted. Or it isn't responded to. harumph. Feels like a waste of time sometimes! lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• how could you possibly know that EVERY person on here ws talking about boxed mac-n-cheese? So they said "give them boxed mac and cheese?" No. they didnt! Plus, the lunch meat that I buy is from a farm deli, they cut their own meat and sell it fresh! So do MANY others! Please tell me when I mentioned nuggets? I didnt! I dont like to give nuggets unless it is a rush and go thing! If you think that you are so smart, then talk to a nitritionist ( like the one I go thru),and take 2 years of nutrirional health , like I did, and maybe I will repect your rude answer!
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010