Getting married in SC but live in VA....Any advice??

Hi! I'm gettin married in SC on an island, but I live in VA. I'm not sure what the first thing I should be doing to get ready for it. My fiance is in Iraq right now and I'm trying to figure out how to plan something so far away from us. How far in advance should I start preparing? How do I get stuff to fall into place from all the way up here. Has anyone ever gotten married and been in this situation? I need help and advice! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

kimbercase26

Asked by kimbercase26 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe look for a planner in that area that can arrange based on or incorporates military clients.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• not me, but i had a friend that was in this situation, and i will say that they planned really early to give people time to make arrangements for travel and planning. be sure that you register and people will just send you the gift cards and you can get all that stuff once you get home. be sure that there are places for your guests to stay close by. one thing that i did and had a blast we had a softball game my family against his family and you really get to know people when you stick them into a competition...if was fun. don't worry about it being perfect, no one will really notice, and it will still be great, your getting married. cheers....to happy times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008