should i put my children in a different daycare?

so i have a 4 year old and a2month old, i've asked a few ? about should I be bothered by other children holding my baby and "the well he does it why can't I" I want to change day care because I'm noticing my 4year old is getting blamed for everything and my df says tell let the care taker do her thing when it comes to the baby. I just feel like I'm having control taken away from me should i feel this way. i pay 35 bucks a day for both children, should the less money, and the fact that it's "like family" dictate weather my children go there?

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• i dont let my kids hold the 2 month old i babysit, anything could happen, if u dont like what the caretaker is doing confront her then change daycares if it doesnt
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'd change daycares. You should never feel like you do not have control.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i have always let kids hold my newborns, i don't see anything wrong with it. i don't think i would be as generous with someone else's baby though. i guess if you don't like it you can say so, but $35 a day is really cheap. if it is like family, then it will be much harder for you to "dictate" how your children will be cared for.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If your DCP cannot follow the simple request of "Don't let children hold my baby" I'd be pulling my kids. If she is not listening to you for that, what else may she be doing that you would not approve of?
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The best piece of advice I can give anyone is if you don't feel comfortable, if your motherly instincts are screaming "this doesn't feel right," then listen to it and find someone that you'd feel safer with.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's not fair that your child has to take the blame for everything. As for the other children holding your baby (that wouldn't set right with me either), Are you really comfortable with your children there? If not change, it's not worth it if you or your children aren't happy.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• me myself I would definitely change daycares...because regardless I am in control of my children and the caretaker at daycare should do as I say when it comes to caring for my child(ren) not just as they see if or as they want...uh nah it don't work that way

Yes, I am very defensive and very outspoken when it comes to my family and something I believe in...I make my opinion heard especially when it comes to my children...I don't just sit back and go with the flow
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 10:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010