Am I the only who thinks that many of the ones against homosexuals are just perverts?

I mean really so often you see I don't like the sexual act. OK so don't do it, why are they even thinking about what sex others have? Really is this not just perverted behavior.

Note this is the legal definition
SEXUAL ACT

Contact between the penis and the vulva or the penis and the anus, and for purposes of this subparagraph contact involving the penis occurs upon penetration, however slight; contact between the mouth and the penis, the mouth and the vulva, or the mouth and the anus; or the penetration, however slight, of the anal or genital opening of another by a hand or finger or by any object,

Umm there are already laws against this happening in public, so unless your kids are some where they shouldn't be they aren't exposed to it by homosexuals or heterosexuals.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Someone thinking certain sex acts are icky doesn't make them a pervert. It just makes them human

I think her point is more about people who devote a LOT of time talking about those sex acts, not just having an opinion. Like the ones who say it grosses them out to see two men holding hands because they "know what they do in bed". They don't (seem to) go around picturing every couple they see having sex, only the openly gay ones. That's a lot of fantasizing for something they have "no interest" in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am not sure answering ONE generalization with another really works. Many who are against it really do feel that there is something MORALLY wrong. Thats their belief. Its not perverted, its just their faith. And thats not just SOME Christians, thatssome Muslims and SOME Jewish people.

By the way I dont believe that there is anything wrong with gay people. I just think that to each their own.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think that more often than not, that's not the case. Just because someone doesn't agree with homosexuality doesn't mean they're perverts. They could probably argue the same thing against those who do support it.

Personally, homosexuality doesn't bother me at all, and when thinking of gay people I don't picture them having sex, just like I don't picture straight people having sex.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Perverts, really? Is that your best comeback to a difference of opinion?? That's the stupidest argument ever. As I've asked before, if I'm against pedophilia, which I think we can all agree is completely disgusting, albeit wrong, does that mean I'm perverted because I think of the actual act a pedophile would commit? No, of course not. It doesn't mean I am a closet-case, either.
    Come on!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with dullscissors.

hot-mama you really should work on getting through a question without the profanity. The use of the "f" word while debating doesn't lend you much crediblity imo. Would you use it if you were addressing a group of people in person? Not bashing, just commenting. :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• LOL! thank you, OP, but I know how to read. I know how to use periods, commas, and quotation marks, too!
    And, yes, you did say the acts (sexual) are what they think of. Do you understand I was making an analogy, to show just as ludicrous? That was your whole point, was it not? Do you not know how to respond to someone whose opinion is different without being a rude witch??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• People have a right to disagree with another person's lifestyle. What they don't have a right to do is force their opinions into law.

Someone thinking certain sex acts are icky doesn't make them a pervert. It just makes them human

Nipple clamps freak me out... You got a label for that?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't agree with that lifestyle but it's not my place to judge others, regardless of what they do. I have family members and good friends who are gay, I love them and respect them, the same as everybody else. According to the Bible, being homosexual is a sin but so is committing adultery, as well as, stealing, etc. We are each responsible for our own sins...

I don't think or fantasize about gays having sex, I am with you there, perverts, I suppose would do that. And if that does it for them, then they must be gay also! But I don't see how my opinion, which is based on my belief of the Bible, would place me in the pervert category. So I suppose some anti-gays are perverts but I don't know that most are. It's those extremists that we have to worry about...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have never even heard anyone say that. I think you are really stretching.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No I don't agree with you on that one.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010