This is going to sound dumb...

But I cant seem to gain weight. Im 29wks along...and have stayed the same weight threw my whole pregnancy. I have noticed like my arms and face has lost weight...so im assuming she is taking it from my reserves. My daughter is growing fine and dandy. I just cant seem to gain any weight. Any advice!?!? I eat lot...all day long pretty much. They are small meals. Im really active as well.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I suppose as long as your baby is growing you really have nothing to worry about. Staying healthy during pregnancy is awesome! I'm 31 weeks and I've only gained four pounds...but I'm overweight to begin with and all. I don't we should complain...we could be like some of the unfortunate women that gain like 100 pounds while pregnant : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• try eating different foods, maybe your body is lacking a certain something. as long as you are eating healthy and your baby is growing fine, the last thing you should do is worry. what does your doctor say?
    happysenorita

Answer by happysenorita at 12:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My doctor just said that he wants me to gain weight...but my daughter is exactly where she is suppose to be growing wise.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• What was your weight like when you got pregnant? Were you under, over, or at a healthy weight? Maybe you could consider adding like Ensure or Boost to your diet? When I was in my first trimester, I couldn't keep down solid foods, so my doctor had me try those and I was able to keep them down.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I kept losing weight thru my pregnancy till I was pretty far along with my last pregnancy. As long as the baby is growing on schedule and you're taking your vitamins, eating healthy I wouldn't worry. If you're really active, maybe you're burning off all of the fat, or maybe you're not eating much fatty foods. I think you're supposed to eat some high carb things so that the baby can build up some fat because when they're born, most babies lose several ounces. If you were my sister or my friend I'd say as long as that little one is growing on schedule, enjoy not gaining too much to have to work off later.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Don't you just love it when people complain that they CAN'T gain weight?

Ohhhh man I sure do. Especially when I walk every day, eat healthy, and still have gained 35 pounds since being pregnant.

Honestly though, if your baby is healthy (which you just said she is) why try and rub it in our faces that you haven't gained any weight? Talk to your doctor or something.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• do u even look pregnant??
    Anonymous