What Baby Monitor do you use that can be purchased right now?

I am using a Fisher Price baby monitor that we got when I was pregnant with my 4 y/o. It is the lights up one. The do not sell this particular model anymore but I really loved it. It worked for many years but is now starting to give up. I need to get a new one. I just bought the equvilant one that lights up and is green and it doesn't work very well at all. Actually one reciever doesn't even work with just the battery and the static in both is unbearable. It is going back to the store. I was wondering if there are any suggestions for what I should get. I was hoping to stay below $40 and I would like to have one with 2 receivers. There are several different ones for sell but I just don't know which to get and I was hoping for some advice.

bbchic

Asked by bbchic at 9:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I bought the Graco monitor - was well rated on Consumer Reports and wasn't super expensive (I think about $40-50) and did have 2 receivers. Hope that helps....
    muptgirl23

Answer by muptgirl23 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have the safety 1st with the night light receiver and I have to say that it works great with minimal static and the night light sure does come in handy for midnight check-ins with the baby and feedings. If my memory is correct, I bought it at babies R Us with a 20% off coupon (they send one every month) and it cost about $50. Good luck!
    GeorgiaPeach_87

Answer by GeorgiaPeach_87 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Digital-Monitor-Technology/dp/B001COPE86/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1284689476&sr=8-3
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Oh, our is a bit pricey and only has one receiver. I have never heard static from it, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010