Anyone else have high blood pressure after having toxemia in pregnancy?

I was induced 5 days early with my DD in 2006 b/c I was swollen and my blood pressure was on a steady rise. Since then I have had issues getting and/or keeping it down without meds. I am 26, and have been dealing with this for 4 years and I was wondering if there were any other moms out there that are or have had similar experiences?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• I didn't have this issue but my little sister just had this issue. She had her baby about 2 weeks ago and was induced due to toxemia. Since then she has had problems keeping her blood pressure down.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Almost exactly except i also gained 60 pounds when i was pregnant. It took me 4 years to lose all the weight but when i did my blood pressure went back to normal.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'm still trying to lose weight and keep it off, with another health issue that has been hard the past 4 years. My grandmother often asks why because I'm young and it starts to make me feel alone and I'm really ready to TTC (I have been for almost 2 years now but I worry about the risks), so thanks for your response. I hope she has a good doctor who can help her out. I've known of a coworkers daughter who was put on bed rest and it didn't go down right away after the baby but pretty soon after, and she just had her second baby with no concerns.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010