tummy time tips anyone?

pookersmommy88

Asked by pookersmommy88 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not sure why your asking....does your baby not like it? cries immediately or after 4-5 mins???

even a few minutes multiple times a day is better than nothing.

good luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• like what can i do with her during tummy time so she doesnt start to cry i lay on the floor with her ut that doesnt seeem to be interesting enough for her after 10 min
    pookersmommy88

Comment by pookersmommy88 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Put toys in front of her.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I put my son on one of those play gym mats. Ours has a fish theme and he looks at the fish and grabs them. I also put a few of him favorite toys with him. He lasts longer if there are toysthat light up and/or make noise. I also sit next to him and talk goofy to him to keep him smiling. I make sure to praise him and tell him how good he's doing, you know, act like its something really exciting that he's on his belly. Now, he is almost crawling and I place the toys slightly out of reach so that he scoots to the,. Gook luck and have fun!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No matter what I tried, my little one fussed during tummy time. I put her on her tummy every day, twice a day untill she started fussing. (The first few times were a few seconds at best :) ) I just didn't give up and discovered that she gradually took a little bit longer to start fussing every time. Now, she can tolerate it for up to 5 mins. Just don't force him/her. It's important that they don't see it as a negative excercise. Your baby will tell you when he/she has had enough.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• 10 minutes several times/day is enough when they are really young

Answer by missanc at 9:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My daughter HATED tummy time. Would scream and cry cause she hated being on her tummy. It was a miracle when I bought a boppy pillow and laid her upper body on it, took pressure of her tummy and just made it more comfortable. Now she is 5 months old and hasn't needed it for a couple of months now cause she LOVES tummy time, will play with her toys, roll over and try to crawl. I say get a boppy pillow and try that, if you can't afford that, just use a rolled up blanket or towel, same affect. She also use to roll over to her belly and freak out and scream, and I rolled her back over. She didn't stop doing that till she learned to roll back onto her back. Be patient, she will learn!! Good luck!
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My daughter refused to lay on her tummy at all. it didn't matter if i put toys in front of her. I started it from the time she came home and she hated it always! It wasn't until she could roll over herself that she would lay on her tummy
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010