my dr said that im feeding too much

i give her 5 to 6 oz whenever shes hungry but she says that its too much to feed her any suggestions

pookersmommy88

Asked by pookersmommy88 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is alot at one time for a 2 month old. Try 3oz and see how she does. If she wants more add another ounce. She really only needs 24-32 ounces a day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• if your baby is hungry feed her. when my daughter was a baby i remember her eating an 8oz bottle every 2 hours and she was big but they grow out of that because first they start walking then they start getting taller. and im pretty sure when she gets off the baby milk your not going to feed her only cakes and junk to put un healthy weight on her so dont listen to them if she is hungry you feed her thats how they trust you by taking care of their needs hungry=feed dirty diaper=change me then they trust you because their needs are met.
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• but she cries and cries when i try to only give her 4oz i started off at 3 then i had to keep adding oz
    pookersmommy88

Comment by pookersmommy88 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• – collapse
    you know you can always add a lil bit of cereal to make the milk a lil heavier cuz to fill her up not too much at first cuz she might not like the taste right away.
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• How old is she?
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• if she's hungry feed her and tell dr to only eat a couple ounces
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my little girl is almost 2 months and she eats 4 oz every 4 hours and here the past couple days it's been 4 ozs every 3 hours and she still ask for more sometimes so I will be uping it to 4.5 oz and see how that goes.. i say if she is still crying when you are done with 4 then give her more..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 11:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my son is a big boy. he ate more ounces than most babies do. i tried only feeding him a little at a time. he would cry too. so i'd feed him more. if your baby is hungry feed her.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my doctor was the same way to me and my son is 4 mots but he said it when he was 2 moths and i was feeding him 6 oz and now off and on i feed him 8 oz but if ur baby is hungry feed ur baby more
    lette24

Answer by lette24 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Babies on formula/bottles are typically overfed. It is a myth that babies need huge bottle of food. And a crying fussing baby does not always mean hungry...and BIG babied does not alway mean feed more. When babies are born, their stomach is the size of a marble, by a couple weeks old, it is the size of a shooter marble. By a month old it is the size of a ping pong ball and by 2 months..it is the size of their fist. NO WAY is their fist or less equal to more than 2 ounces. Bottle fed babies are just used to having all that food forced upon them. Also if you hold her upright and have her actually have to suck the bottle instead of it pouring down her throat and her having to gulp or drown, it will slow her down and get her on a more normal track. Buy some SLOW flow nipples as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010