how do you and your s/o handle a fight?

Hollea

Asked by Hollea at 9:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• It depends on the fight. He usually goes outside and smokes, I yell, scream, cuss and act like a complete Bitch.

We also have a 3 day rule. You only have 3 days to bring up a "grieveance" or you forfeit the right to be upset. This prevents us having fights over shit that happened months ago.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• ha!! 1st its a bunch of yelling/screaming/walking away.. then we finally talk.. then "make up" lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• At Maureen... The 3 day rule is AWESOME.... We should implement that one!!!! I will hold things in forever, so that one would be helpful for me....

As for answering the question, we unfortunately get really sarcastic and say horribly mean things that neither one of us means, and then we eventually get to the problem, work it out, then apologize for the BS.... I know it sounds retarded, but it works.... LOL
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 10:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We talk. Loud tones are not permitted. We hear what the other has to say, and try to reach an understanding- most importantly, is to try never to go to bed angry.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If we do have an argument - which isn't very often... we make a point of NEVER going to bed still angry with one another. We'll talk it out until a resolution is made. We're pretty good at communicating our feelings to eachother when something is bothering us so it doesn't normally escalate to a fight.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i think the 3 day rule is amazing too!
    Hollea

Comment by Hollea (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Where do I start...
    Our fights last 2 or 3 days, if I am upset about something he says that he doesnt want to deal with it and then he doesnt say sorry if he did something wrong, it really never gets resolved
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Depends on what the fight is about. If its nothing we just argue but if its something either of us feel strongly about then we raise our voices BUT NEVER in front of the kids i told him if he wants to be and upset thats fine but if he cant TALK about it when the kids are around then to keep his mouth closed because the kids dont need to see us fighting. Once one of us realizes that we are in the wrong we apologize and forget the whole thing.
    bradymoma86

Answer by bradymoma86 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• He won't fight. He'll shut down and walk away until we both have time to think. If it's something dumb we don't even waste time mentioning it. If it's something important I break the ice by settling down my boundaries on the situation. He responds with his and we compromise.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my husband was just saying how he like how we fight. he feels they aren't really fights at all but disagreements and how we work them out. i would have to agree. if we get in a bad fight i usually to mad to talk for a few hrs and maybe even days. he usually just tells me he loves me too and gives me my space. this rarely happens though. we just really talk about it or if we are not in the same room text our feelings.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010