Late period and have already been to the doctor...

So I took a pregnancy test at the doctcor's office and it came back negative, but I still haven't gotten my period and I'm five days late. What could be going on? Could I still be pregnant and it was just too early to detect? Or is my period just off?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• blood test or pee test? The blood would DEF let you know pee could still be off. if it was blood then no just late, pee, then still a chance.
    ariannas_mama36

Answer by ariannas_mama36 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• It was only a pee test. So there's still a possibility?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• With my 3rd child, I thought I was pregnant, so I did a home test, it came out negative, I went to the dr and had a pee test, negative....I knew in my heart I was pregnant, waiting 2 weeks, went back and had a blood test done...POSITIVE!!! So yeah you could still be, ask your dr to do a blood test, they are more accurate.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I did a blood test and got a negative even though I was pregnant. So it can be too early with either test.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Pee tests never say postive on me until 3 months (yeah I have a messed up body LOL) Good luck!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Day six and still no period and I don't know when I should take another test.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008