The school psychologist wants to have a meeting at my house...

and I really don't want her too. It's not that I have something to hide, but my son goes to a school that has mainly rich kids. We are not poor but we are not wealthy either. We are also in the middle of some home improvement projects and I really don't want to explain every little thing- "oh, this is here because of this reason", etc. I just don't feel comfortable having guests other than family over right now. I am also a little upset that last year, we were begging the her to offer some suggestions/advice, basically just point us in the right direction and we got nada from her and now I feel like she is wanting to point the finger at me! I want to be cooperative, but I am thinking about telling her that I would feel more comfortable having the meeting at the school. Cont....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Am I wrong for feeling this way and I should just suck it up and have the meeting at my house or should I stand my ground and say that I will be willing to have the meeting at the school?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The psychologist is there to help and shouldn't judge based on your income. Maybe you could suggest a meeting at a neutral location by letting her know the house is under construction right now.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You will sound defensive and guity if you don't meet with her. So what if your house isn't perfect. THAT is not important. Your family and your kids are more important. Be cooperative and helpful for your child's sake. Just suck it up and have her over and be gracious and hospitable..
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• have it at the school. its your choice.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• just let her know u rather have it at school because of renovatins, it shouldnt be a problem,gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Tell her the house is under construction and meet in a mutual place. Maybe a cafe'.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Just tell her what to expect when she gets there. I'd let her in, otherwise she may think you are hiding something.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Is getting your child the help he/she needs is more important than your pride? Get over yourself and have the meeting. It's not about YOU.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it is totally inappropriate thar a school official of any kind would come out to your home for any reason.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Tell her you are in the process of some home improvements right now and you would like to have the meeting at school. I've never heard of the school psychologist coming to your house for a meeting. Be nice about it, don't get hateful or you will give off the wrong impression. Tell her you will be more than willing to go to the school for a meeting. I really don't see why that would be a problem.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010