Ohh what they must think of me!

My oldest just started kindergarden. I make lunch for her to bring to school. On the first day she was bringing her lunch I asked her what she wanted to eat for lunch. She told me a pepper with hummus and an apple. So that's what i gave her. THe lunch aid at school must think I'm some crazy mean parent giving my kid weird stuff. She got mad at me for packing a peanut butter sandwhich. I love it! She is so cute!

suebee3

Asked by suebee3 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ? question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That sounds pretty normal for around here! We LOVE hummus! My ds took a tofurkey sandwich w/ a plum... oh, and he drinks water. Man, instructing the cafeteria staff NOT to give him milk was insane. Just like explaining that he doesn't eat meat, and can't have artificial food coloring. Yep, I'm a bad parent for feeding my kid decent food (though I feel bad out the tofurkey- it's processed, but at least not full of crap).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• if thats what she wants atleast its food and not junk the kids might tease her i dont think the aids will care they will probably wanna share lol. just tell her when kids do say stuff like eewww or hats nasty that she has to tell them i eat what i like or its not nasty to me. i remember when i was in elementary school and i took a lunchable and all the kids laughed and teased me i dont know why but i was embarrased and you shouldnt be embarrased for eating something you like because everybody doesnt like the same thing
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My son only drinks water lol! he will refuse juice or soda ( which he's never had except sprite when he was sick ) and he said the other night, I want a snack of "good" veggies mommy.. lol!! I have yet to ever try hummus but I keep hearing wonderful things about it.. what do you do with it?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• @ Max~ Check out this recipe for hummus. It's an awesome spread, dip, tasty addition to a sadnwich... you name it. Oh, and a protein replacement.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• aww, sounds adorable
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As long as she eats, who cares:)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2010