just turned down a $27,000 job for a $9800 job!

So i decided that i was going to start waitressing because im tired of callcenters then i get an offer for a csr position that starts me off at $27,000 anually& they wanted me to do Bilingual which pays more but im not too sure how much, i havent told hubby yet, im sure he will be mad but id rather be happy in my job than to be misserable, i just talked to a friend of mine who is working there & sd i made the right choice, she cant stand it.Yes i am crazy but hey at least i get to go to school & follow my dreams& not have to stress fighting w/people over the phone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm working my dream job for about that ($9800 or so, not $27,000). :) I was ecstatic when I found out the owner was hiring, and I think that might have had a hand in getting me the job, lol. But I'm happier than I would be making twice or even three times as much, even with all the extra stuff we could have and things we could do. I love the flexibility I have at this job, I love that I'm working for an independent business owner with no corporate mess, I love that I'm in a bookstore, and I actually look forward to going to work every day. You can't buy that kind of feeling. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What is your question? Can you realistically afford to not take the job making $27.000? If so, then there's no problem. I understand about the following your dreams part, but when you can't pay your bills, that's all you think about and life gets pretty miserable. There's nothing worse than working at a job you hate, but with so many people out of jobs, you should feel lucky to have been offered a job at all.
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 10:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't worry... you have to do what makes you happy!
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Lol, all I can say is that I can't stand waitressing, but that is one of those jobs where you love it, or you hate it. Do something that makes you happy, it pays more in the end that way...
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 10:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Your happiness is the most important. Just be smart about the money you are getting and make the best of the financials. Otherwise, be happy where you are and know that even if you aren't paid as much you're still happy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• obiously it wsnt a question, sometimes we just like to share
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• what's your queston???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010