Please help! My back and feet are KILLING ME!

I started a new job this past week. The thing is that I have to wear suits to work. I'm not a heels kind of person..(I've worn combat boots for the past 10 years! I hate heels!) But I want to look professional and cute. Lol! But here's the thing. I have NO idea what type of shoe to wear that won't make my back hurt and my feet hurt. I've got a pair of flats, but they KILL my feet. What do you ladies do to help your feet from hurting when you have to stand for 8 hours a day? Seriously thinking about quiting my job cuz my feet and back hurt so bad. (I have degenerative disk disease and arthritis in my back.) Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

kimbercase26

Asked by kimbercase26 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Oh! And what type or brand of shoe do you wear that you think are comfortable...I also have a pretty high arch...
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'd get orthotics made so that you can wear them in almost any shoe. Flats are hard to wear and a low to mid heel can actually be more comfortable. Wedges are good because they distribute the weight across your foot.

I have Naturalizers that are very comfortable and on the higher priced end Cole Haan.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 2:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• SAS shoes, Z-Coil shoes are both are expensive, but are made for people who are on their feet a LOT. if you have flat feet, you might need orthotics. I did a job where i was on my feet for 8 hours a day, and after 3 months i had to quit, it hurt too much to do anything else. wearing fancy shoes may look nice, but they are not practical for standing all day.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 2:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'd go with a kitten heel if I were you, and get some gel insoles. Look at other women in your position and check out their feet. You'll probably get some ideas there. I absolutely refuse to wear shoes that hurt. I won't do it. I'm planning to renew my wedding vows, I'm wearing some cute ballet flats, they're very comfy!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Shmorris56...I would look at the other women, but for some reason they wear heels that are like 3-5 inches high! I can't do it! Lol! I ask them how they can still walk at the end of the day and they are like...We just got used to it! I've been wearing heels forever! Or what not. I cant do the whole getting used to it thing. My back can't take it! :(
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i wear flats, but i put the gel inserts in them. i have a bad knee and it kills me to wear heels. flats are actually the most comfortable shoe for me.
    sublime7713

Answer by sublime7713 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Z-coil! I have a pair of them, and you can even get a covered heel, so that way no one sees the coil, and it just gives the shoe a kind of platform look. They are expensive, but you can where them almost anywhere. I took karate and kickboxing, and have trouble with my knees, but these helped out alot. Dr. Scholls is ok, depends on what style, though.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 5:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Try Mary Kay's Foot & Leg Energizer

www.marykay.com/pstatewright1
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008