If you are a working mother, how do you feel about stay at home moms?

HeatheranninSP

Asked by HeatheranninSP at 10:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think they are very lucky to have the ability to stay home with their children, I've always wanted to be a SAHM but it wasn't something I was able to do. I suppose sometimes I'm envious because I didn't get to be with my kids when they were little. I'm lucky because I have a great boss that knows how important family is to me, so time off is never an issue, leaving for games or school functions isn't a problem and if the kids are sick I can work from home.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Mostly the only thing I think of is how hard they must work - granted my son is more challeging than most, I give SAHM all thecredit in the world and even more to daycare providers, cause I don't like other peoples kids ( sorry I know that sounds bad but its true ) so to allow and try to teach and love other peoples kids is amazing to me - I think I am lucky that I NEED to work sometimes, but then there are the other days I dread that I miss out on so much with my son and it breaks my heart in half.. its a toss up daily of feelings..the only negative i have ever felt about sahms is when one snubbed me at the park after she found out I worked outside the home.. but I know its not all -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• There are times I wish I could stay home too. I think they are lucky too.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think they are lucky. I was a SAHM until my kids were old enough to be alone after school and I loved being home with them. AFter I started working, my life became more stressful. If you can stay home, that is the BEST! Best for everyone.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I ENVY THEM. I hate the fact that I'm not with my daughter every minute of every day, being the only one teaching and shaping her into the person I hope she becomes.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• honestly i have to say i was once a sahm and i enjoyed it so much cause i got to spend every second with my son. now I'm working and have to wake up really early and once i get off I'm still not off work i take care of my son... so i too have 24 hour job but just get paid for 8 hours of it..... i would have to say that sahm have the privilege of being able to take care of there child but what happens once they are no longer at home and your still at home..... i just give a lot of credit to both.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am sort of both - and I like our arrangement. Most SAHM moms I know feel a little isolated, and I felt that way before I went back to work part time. But I am still home with my son all day, so I get the benefits of both.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• All the power to them....I love my daughter very very much...to the end of the end....but I need to be with other adults regularly too.
    weeblette

Answer by weeblette at 6:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think that if it is something they enjoy and find rewarding than they are truly lucky to have that opportunity.
    For myself though.... even if I were married and had a husband that could afford to pay for everything and we would all be financially comfortable... I still would choose to work, I love my career and I don't have enough patience to be with kids all day long.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I feel like a hybrid. I work every other weekend. My hubby wants me to work more but I need to be available for my family. A lil work helps a mom still have a sense of self
    mamakrysoftwo

Answer by mamakrysoftwo at 9:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010