I think my water just broke...

Maybe a couple weeks ago id be panicking and going nuts and not be online, but hey I had so many false alarms its like SOMETHINGS got to give. Ok so Here we go, I went to the bathroom for number 2, then I felt like I had to pee but it wasnt pee, there was this popping sensation almost and I looked down and the water was clear but cloudy in the toilet. Do you guys think this was my water, Im going to call my OB right now but I wanna know from my fellow moms :-)

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 10:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can't help but I will bump it so someone can. I will be int hat situation soon, Best of luck
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 10:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sounds like it. But if your not having contractions..I wouldnt be going to the hospital..Just me...Wait untill tomorrow and see how it goes...
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would have it checked the popping feeling is what I had when my water finally broke
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• sounds like it. good luck!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• are you still leaking? try laying down on your side for about 15 mins and then stand up..if you feel a gush or trickle its most likely your water
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If it was ( and it sounds like it) , you will know it, contractions will be starting and getting continually stronger. Good luck !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• amd just to add if it was your water breaking..it dosent mean you will start having contractions...some women do and some dont... I wouldnt wait to go if you think your water broke because you can risk infection. There is a simple test they can do at the hospital to tell
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It might be, but if you are not in labor, there is no reason to go in. The risk of in fection is from inserting things into the vagina, not just because your water broke. This includes gloved hands, as that can force naturally occuring vaginal bacteria up into the cervix, and into the membranes. It if perfectly fine to decline vaginal checks, and in this case, encouraged.
    squish

Answer by squish at 10:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it may be part of your mucas plug if the water is cloudy. if your water broke, feel your crotch area- it will be a little oily feeling. and more will dribble out. I would go into the dr. to ease your mind. when my water broke with number 2, contractions started about 4 hours later... baby was born 45 minutes after that. I barely made it to the hospital in time- go in... you never know what could be just around the corner:) Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It sounds like it may have been. Definately call your OB. I would say they will want you to come in. Good LUck Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010