c-section ?

i had a c-section 7wks ago and have been back twice in the last week for a small section opening up. it was two little spots now the moisture and neosporin have taken the skin that was covering it off and its open,maybe a 1 and half inch, should i go back,my doctor who i love,said to clean it and keep neosporin on it,but that was when it was two little holes. will it heal up on its own or should i get another opinion, can they stitch it since its surface only.she already said they cant glue it,in case it gets infected.

onewife

Asked by onewife at 10:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My OB actually accidentally pulled open my incision when she took the staples out so I had to pack it with wet gauze for a week.
    At about 7 1/2 weeks I noticed the corner was still open. It wasn't bothering me much but it was looking red and inflamed so I stuck one of the gauze pads I had in there and kept replacing it when it was damp for like 3 days and it healed right up. I didn't put anything else on it.
    My tummy hangs over the scar so it's always moist and stuff so it took a long time to heal because I'd forget to put a new gauze on after showers and stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yikes if the hole is gettig bigger i would def go back to the dr thats not normal..my incision was completely closed a week later
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yeah I had a c section 7 weeks ago and mine has been healed compeletly for like 4 weeks! that sucks I think I would at least call and let them know what it is doing and see what they say!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 11:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i would go back in just in case u can never be to safe when it comes to that . i have a c section and thank god i had not probloms.
    lette24

Answer by lette24 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• the best thing to do is get off the neosporin thats just keeping it moist n moister keeps it from closeing my doc told me just to wash it with dial antibacterial soap n put a pad to keep as dry as possible cus ya mine kept opening like that..n i did what he sayd n it closed within 3 days or so....
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• o yea n avoid heavy lifting n straneous work dont over do ur self or its gna keep opeing
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• go to the ER now.... and neosporin? I cant believe ur doc actually recommended thaty!
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2010