Should he havebeen released from the hospital so soon?

My FIL was in a motorcycle wreck tues. I went to see him last night and he looked pretty bad. He had to have his forehead, mouth, and arm sewn up. He also broke his nose in 4 places, both cheek bones, and I think another bone in his face. I think he also cracked 2 vertebret in his neck. I got a call from my husband earlier saying they released him from the hospital this morning. It just sounds too soon with those kinds of injuries. He also said he's talking normal one minute and acts like he's halucinating the next.

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 11:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• Did they give him the boot or did he request to leave? If he asked to leave, his injuries may not have technically warranted them keeping him and they would have been forced to let him go. However, if he's hallucinating... he need to see his doctor. Though- it may be the pain meds he's on... they can do weird things to people.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with Historymamax3 she has a very good point to all of it.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• He didn't ask to leave, they just sent him on his way. He dosen't have health insurance so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I don't know what kind of pain meds he's on. I know in the past he was addicted to pain pills. I don't know if he still is or not.
    FroggyFeet

Comment by FroggyFeet (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yeah, prob the insurance thing... sucks but that's how most hospitals are
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That is a lot for someone to be released in two days. It sounds like since he didn't have health insurance that they let him go. I'd definitely keep an eye on him just in case for some reason he takes a turn for the worse or something. I hope everything works out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yeah that was quick prob was no insurance
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010