Lump On My Head, What Would You Do?

I have a small hard lump on my head, it's been there for at least 2 years now. Initially it was about the size of a pea, but is now about the size of a lima bean. When I first discovered it I lived at home and was under my parents health insurance, but my Mom was convinced it was just some sore. I've since brought it up to her and she was like "Oh, you should have that looked at!". I AM really worried about it, but we can't afford health insurance. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Health

• i would go to a free clinic just google it in your area it could be a cyst and nothing to worry about i would just get it seen as soon as possible and put ice on it and or heat. Hmmm thats all what i would do Good Luck

Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• So you are completely uninsired? Have you tried to get public aid? You might qualify.

My step-mom had something similar on her head and had it removed. It wasn't anything bad, just annoying to her. Does it hurt when you touch it? If it's sore then I'd try to go to the walkin clinic sometime soon. If it doesn't hurt, then look around for some insurance and try to get in as soon as you find something.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Completely uninsured, I was on pregnancy medi-caid only when I had my son. It does hurt when you press on it.
    Anonymous

• My dad has the same lump you said on his forehead, and it grew bigger ( stop growing) like a lima bean size and it also had a little small dot size hole on it like a breathing hole.

He had it looked at and it wasn't anything he needed to corner.

I am sorry that i can't really help you much. But yes, if you can have a doc to look at it.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2008