Mccain hater?

After the 3rd debate CNN or one of the news stations was accepting calls and one of the callers said mccain was a hypocrite because during the 6 day war mccain left the guys to die. Did anyone hear that phone call. I'm just writing about it because alot of people seem to think that just because he was in the military he is capable of running this country. I don't understand that reasoning. I've watched the last 2 debates and I haven't heard or seen anything that would make me vote for him. Maybe someone on here can prove me wrong.

angel_eyez

Asked by angel_eyez at 12:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Two words: TAX PLAN.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 1:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• can't help u there i was thinking the same thing,
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I've watched the debates too and I can't seem to find any reasons for voting for Obama as well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• That call was made by a CSPAN caller and it is a total fabrication. The 6 day war was an Arab-Israeli conflict and the United States was not involved in it in any way. It is an out and out LIE!!

As far as McCain's military experience here is some truth:
    His fighter plane was shot down over Vietnam and he was badly injured. Torture and lack of medical care made his injuries even worse, which is why he can't lift his arms or use a keyboard. When the Viet Cong found out who he was--the son and grandson of Navy Admirals, they wanted to give him special treatment and release him early. He refused early release until all the POW's were released, and this refusal to serve the Communists' propaganda goals made his torture and mistreatment 100x worse. He could have taken the easy route and gone home, but he most explicity DID NOT LEAVE ANY OF HIS FELLOW POW's BEHIND!!!
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 2:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yea Mojitomama. I just watched Faith of my Fathers. I read McCains and Stockwells books years ago. McCain is def. a war hero and has more excutive experience.
    armymom985

Answer by armymom985 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Vote for Obama if:

You don't want to work, are living on welfare, and want our social system to change to a point that you can NEVER pull yourself up out of poverty. Or you want your employer to have taxes increased, causing higher prices for services/products and layoffs. Or like the idea of economic collapse and an extended Great Depression.

Vote for McCain if:

You are a hard working American who values the hope of creating a better life for you and your family. And want to keep more of your money, instead of having Obama "redistribute the wealth" (his words, not taken out of context, he has been very clear on his view of this) by taking out of your pocket to pay for some slacker to let you foot the bill.

Dispite the distortion of facts out there... McCains Tax Plan is better for all Americans, except those who don't currently pay taxes and already live off of welfare as it is.
    zephyrablue

Answer by zephyrablue at 6:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The reason people feel his military experience is of value is because of the role of Commander in Chief. The President commands the military, not Congress, not the Senate, the President. The way the military works is the higher rank gives the orders, end of story. So having someone with military experience in that commanding position just makes sense, especially in a time of war.
    Now as for why people feel McCain is better for President, its because we support less federal government, less government spending, less taxes for everyone, his energy plan, his education plan, his healthcare plan. Everyone has an opinion on how things should be run, and some just more closely align with McCain's plans.
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I don't hate McCain, I just don't agree with him on most of the issues.

I think that it's a misconception that because he was in the military, he's capable of running the country and has experience he may not necessarily have.. You know, like Palin having Foreign relations experience because she can see Russia from her front yard type of thing.

GOBryan

Answer by GOBryan at 10:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I've known people in the military and some are total morons. My uncle was in the military and had men under his command (As if he ever fails to mention that to me). He's not a stupid man and is an ex-military person plus retired-operating room tech, which he also taught during retirement, however, I wouldn't call him qualified to run a country or experienced enough in foreign relations.

In fact, many come out of the military very disturbed, especially if they were POWs, I suspect. I wish McCain well but I don't think he's right for the position..

Realistically, I think the best candidate was Hillary Clinton.. but since Obama's views are similar, I'll vote for him. It's not like they're in this alone anyway.. they have a whole cabinet of people to walk a President through and advise accordingly.
    GOBryan

• "I've known people in the military and some are total morons....."

Just because the people you run with are morons, doesn't mean John S. McCain is. What a silly generalization to make about the men and women defending our country and preserving our rights. McCain has years upon years of experience over Obama. Our Commander-in-Chief should be someone that has military experience, like McCain. I don't think you're completely aware of McCain's record, nor do I believe you understand the full extent of the duties of the President.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 12:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2008