how do i clean my shower curtain?

cleaning tips i know there is a way to clean it but lost the directions somewhere lol

kriszaz

Asked by kriszaz at 11:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• is it the inner plastic curtain or the outer fabric type?
    If its fabric just wash it in the washing machine... the inner plastic ones... I just buy new ones when they get scummy (I get the cheap ones so I can replace them periodically)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• As far as I know, you can machine wash a vinyl shower curtain on the delicate cycle, but I agree with elizabiza. It's much easier to just replace it. If you have a fabric one, you can machine wash them in warm water on the regular cycle,but do not put it in the dryer!! It's best to hang it back up damp and allow it to air dry.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I dont do this but I have heard from somewhere that you can put it in the dishwasher. You just kindof lay it out. Wash it alone of course.

Never tried this I just replace them when they get grimmy. I usually will just put the cleaner on the bottom and scrub with a brush when I clean.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I can usually put them in the washer set on delicate with some Lysol then hang it back up to dry. I do this once before just buying a new liner. The cloth one I was on cold and hang it back up to dry too.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 8:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010