Did you have a C- Section?

MY friend got one done and wants to have another baby. The doctors have advised against it because it will rupture her uterus since it was a month ago( 8/10) that she got it done. SO that scar isn't healed, I told her she should wait til she is healed from the first one but she wants another little one so bad. She has been trying for another little one since her the 15th of august. She said she hasn't had a period and each test she had taken is neg. Is it safe to have another little one after a c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• So your friend thinks she's smarter than a doctor? Haha. Wow. Well when she ends up pregnant and her uterus ruptures and she loses her baby and does more damage to her body maybe she'll listen then.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• nope, it's not.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i have had one and my son is was born may 24 th , when i went to my 6 weeks check up my doctor kept telling me and pushing me to take birth control becuze he told me the same thing its not safe to havbe a other baby . and thats not what i want im 25 and i want a other baby . but i would say the same thing wait for a few till it hills up .
    lette24

Answer by lette24 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had a c-section but I didn't get pregnant until my son was 12 month old. My daughter came 10 weeks early (due to my high stress levels). I have heard that it is best to wait 2-3 years to have a baby after each birth to let your body heal. I'd listen to the doctor cause I wouldn't want anything to happen to me or the baby...having a preemie is NO fun it'd be worth the wait to make sure you had a healthy baby
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• After a c section is it best to wait 2 years to get oregano again. She needs to understand that this isn't all about her health. It is the baby's health too. If she wants another child, I'm sure she wants a healthy child. Maybe if she understood that?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had a c section. My doctor told me i had to wait until my son was 2 to start trying again. It can cause her uterus to rupture killing her and the baby. She really needs to listen to the doc.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• if her doctor said no she should listen. i had an emergency c section. i haven't been trying to have another child. she could really hurt herself by trying to get pregnant. she might not even get pregnant. she should wait til her incision is healed. sometimes it takes awhile to get a period after a bay. especially if you're stressed,not eating properly,or breast feeding.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The doctor wanted to place her on BC but she has refused and is just trying to get pregnant. She said she isn't stressed and she doesn't BF. The doctor told her after a c-section that her period would take awhile to come back. I just tell her to wait and relax and enjoy her little girl now instead of rushing things. But she wants another so badly that she hasn't thought about the risk and I think her SO is really pushing for it too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The doctor have explained it too her but she is more interested in having a child then listening to what they have to say.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She needs to wait! There is risk for rupture, she needs to heal first. I was told to wait a year, I waited 4.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010