Pregnant ladies: Do you get annoyed when people try to help you with random things?

Examples:
my MIL insists on walking me to my car when I leave their place if I'm by myself. Oh, and she made me promise to take my phone with me when I take a bath just in case I can't get out of the tub! hahaha I really don't think she'd be able to pull me out of the tub if I got stuck anyway. She's 71 years old!
Today, this ancient lady who could hardly stand up straight asked me if I needed her help getting my groceries in the car! hahaha. She looked like she needed help way more than I did!

I know they're just trying to be nice but geeze, I'm just pregnant not decrepit!

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 11:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That always bugged the crap out of me too! Hello, I'm pregnant not disabled... pregnancy is NOT an illness.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i havent had strangers try to help me yet. i just wish i could get my husband to!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• not so much but I hate when random people decide to rub my belly like Im buddha or something.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• god NO.. i totally sucked it up - although we were trying for 3 years by this point so every part, even all day sickness was totally over exciting for me - I LOVED being pregnant and it was far from fun - 6 months of all dau sickness to then find out 2 days later I had gestation diabetes. and couldn't eat much - really, talk about not being able to take advantage of food while pregnant..lol!! plus I knew when I was treated lke a handicap, it was because they cared is all - suck it up and tell them your feet hurt too and to rub them for you while they are around lol
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Enjoy it now! Once the baby comes and you need the extra set of hands.... They disappear!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Considering these folks are elderly, I think it is real sweet. I know you get annoyed but they do it for the best intentions. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yeah no kidding ecodani!!! what's up with that?!?
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it is really annoying. i'm pregnant, not handicapped
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No, it doesn't bother me. I apprecaite it. The thing that gets me is when someone wants to just come up and rub my belly!!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• LOL, it's from the olden days when ladies didn't do as much as we do now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010