how do you work with two faced people!!

I work with this two faced co-worker and she is getting on my last nerve if you know what i mean. I seam to get scheduled every weekend and she is applying for a job in my position and thinks she can just demand sundays off. She is onlly 18 and has less senority than me and we already have one mom getting away with every other wkd and another gal going back to school and getting her every other wkd. What about me!!! I have a family, house mortgage etc..... bills this little 18 year old just graduated from high school and she wants it all. I say wake up to the big girl world, do i say something to mgt. about her bragging she is going to get this position and what she says her demands are when i cant even get the wkd off once in a while.?

kriszaz

Asked by kriszaz at 11:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• To work with a two faced person you never forget they are that way and watch what you say and do around them. Dont confide any problems or say anything about a coworker that can be turned into something esle. I figure those type of people will dig thier own hole and fall in fairly quick so to avoid looking bad I wouldnt say too much to managmement. I would however go to them and express that you love your job however that you would appreciate a reg. scheduled weekend at least once a month.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 8:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think you should speak to your immediate supervisor and request say every third w/e off in writing pointing out how many w/e you have been working and how long. Build a good case.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I say just go to work with blinders on, clock in, clock out. Don't get caught up in what others do because it will cost you your job, either you'll get mad and quit or somehow it will all blow up and you'll get fired. And I'll bet $$$ the 18 yo girl will still be working there. It always turns out that way. You are going to have to decide if the job is worth it. My friend is the one getting here hours cut when she meets all her quotas while the girl who parties with the manager gets her hours. I have seen people do horrendus shit on the job, but if the boss likes them, they win. Not fair, not right, but not in my control. Good luck!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sure, I am sure she wouldn't think twice about saying it about you
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The way that you work with people like this is to stay to yourself. Just speak and keep going.
    msbrewton

Answer by msbrewton at 1:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with the poster above. Just keep your distance and speak to them when you have to.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010