Should I ask them to look at the tooth?

I live in California and California Medicaid will not pay for dental care for any person over the age of 21. I am luckily a quarter Native American and recently discovered that I can go to the tribal health clinic and have my teeth worked on for free so I have been going there since like late July and they have filled several teeth for me. The problem is I have this one tooth that is hurting and it is not in the treatment plan to do anything with that tooth. I don't want it to get worse but at the same time I don't want to ask them to look at it because I am already getting free care. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• I'd get it looked at, if something is wrong, waiting will only make it get worse (and more expensive)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Get it treated before it gets worse. If you are having pain, you have had it too long.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• if you are experiencing pain, you need to have it looked at. You could also be experiencing pain from another tooth which is also affecting that nerve.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Tooth pain only gets worse. Let it go and you could wind up needing a root canal. I would go ASAP.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I live in NC and I've heard that pulling a tooth is cheaper than a root canal. Have you considered a dental school? They do things for much less than a regular dental office,
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I can't even afford to pay a dental school! Its either the Tribal Health clinic or it gets ignored.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would have it looked at if you are having pain. If it's hurting it could be infected, if it is infected and gets worse, that wouldn't be good, especially if it gets in your bloodstream...=/
    Meindrea

Answer by Meindrea at 1:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010