Have you ever experienced a blood clot?

My leg is killing me, throbbing...I haven't been exercising, in fact, I have been so busy at work I've been LESS active physically. I've heard leg pain can be a symptom for a blood clot, and I can't get a Dr. appt until Monday...Don't wanna go to the E.R. unless I know its serious, so if anyone has had a clot and can describe the symptoms...*WebMD symptom checker gives so many possible reasons it is pretty much useless...

stringtheory

Asked by stringtheory at 11:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• Have you experienced any type of injury lately? I had one after my daughter was born and my ankle was sore and swollen. I thought since I had a c-section and they knocked me out. that someone probably grabbed my foot wrong. If you don't have any history of blood clots, that's a good thing. Don't assume the worst, it could probably be something simple.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my dad has had them a few times... his leg swelled up really big and looked kind of purple
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I've been trying to figure out what I might have done to injure it. There is a specific point behind my knee that is more tender than the rest; maybe a tendon or something tore?
    stringtheory

Comment by stringtheory (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No but hubby has and grandma died from one.
    Hubby got his from going to colorado and the altitude.
    IASTUDENT

Answer by IASTUDENT at 8:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010