I think its mean to jump all over someone for saying baby mama or baby daddy.... adult content

ok yes its more proper to say child's mother or child's father but still dont call someone ghetto or stupid for using above terms- why do so many people have such an issue with this?

expressmom911

Asked by expressmom911 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think it's cute... "My Childs Father" sounds so disconnected and distant... Baby Daddy sounds more friendly.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's sleezy.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 11:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Hate to break it to you, but some of us have just as much an aversion to being called that as you do to the terminology being labeled ghetto. Tit for tat.

I take offense to it, I'm no ones "baby momma". Can't stand it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i hate that term because, my ex had notihng to do with our daughter for the first 2 yrs of her life...and then on the very first day he met her, he wore a shirt that said 'baby daddy' on it!! WTF!! i was pisssssed!!!! i know that doesnt answer your question, lol, i just had to get that off my chest
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I've never been called that but it's kind of annoying and immature. I wouldn't say "ghetto" but definitely annoying.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• From what I understand it's insulting to call someone baby momma or baby daddy.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 12:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• the reason people don't like it is because it was origionally meant to refer to a man or woman who has your child but you are not with them, like a business relationship or something. Very often used when a guy got a girl preg by accident and had no intention of caring for the child. They say it on MAURY when they don't know who the father is. It's tacky, and distant.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i think it depends on the context and whose using it. if your friend uses it rather than some stranger. you know what i mean.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• im just saying that i think its mean to say people are ghetto for saying it about themselves... i said it earlier saying my baby daddy is.... but i never say it about others you know? and its just easier to say....
    expressmom911

Comment by expressmom911 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i jokingly called my husband my baby daddy one time, and we laughed about it... but really it kind of carries the connotation of being a disconnected parent... if the guy isn't your husband or boyfriend or fiance or significant other... he's just your baby daddy...
    to me it kind of means the person is just a sperm or egg donor
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010